Dr. Waynette N. Turner, Ed.D, MAC, MCM, LPC- Intern
/Supervised: Dr. Mee-Gaik Lim, Ph.D, LPC-S, LMFT-S, AAMFT-Supervisor/
- Argosy University in Sarasota: 2009-2014, Doctorate of Education in Pastoral Community Counseling
- Wayland Baptist University in San Antonio: 2014-2016, Masters of Arts in Counseling
- Wayland Baptist University in San Antonio: 2004-2007, Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Clayton State University: 1992-1999, Bachelors of Art in Business Management
- Abiding Hope Institute of Christian Counseling
- Bexar County Detention Center
- Strong Foundation
- Haven for Hope
My Counseling Approach:
I believe individuals create meaning and purpose in life through the construction of life stories based their knowledge and understanding of life experiences. When the individual comes to an impasse regarding knowledge and experiential understanding then he/ she may seek counsel. My passion is to assist individuals find and/or rediscover the balance between mind, body and emotion. My counseling pattern combines unconditional positive regard for the individual with empathy to foster an accepting, respectful and collaborative relationship.
My approach is eclectic and combines multiples modalities to include: narrative, relational and expressive art therapy, when deemed appropriate. This allows the individual to journey toward gained knowledge about self (self-awareness), empowerment, finding balance, new meaning and purpose in life.
I believe individuals bring a wealth of experience that serves to molded values, beliefs, expectations, and ultimately influences their perspective regarding life. As a therapist, it is my responsibility to engage individuals in the manner that demonstrates the importance of their experiences and investment in the counseling’s process. My desire is to meet individuals where they are and journey beside them to the place of life balance and wholeness.
Areas of Clinical Interest and Focus
Individual, Couples and Family
Premarital, Marital and Relationship
Remarriage/ Blended Family Support
Trauma, Abuse and PTSD
Grief and Loss
Criminal Justice Services
National Board for Certified Counselors